Philadelphia Cerebral Palsy Attorneys
Contact Our Birth Injury Law Firm Located in Philadelphia, PA
Cerebral palsy is often the result of
medical malpractice during childbirth. The lack of oxygen to a child's brain during labor
can lead to cerebral palsy, which is a neurological disorder that hinders
body movement and muscle coordination. If your child is suffering from
cerebral palsy, you need to take the immediate steps required to determine
if their condition is the direct result of medical malpractice during birth.
Some other common causes of cerebral palsy in children due to medical malpractice include:
- Failing to detect a prolapsed umbilical cord
- Delaying to perform a cesarean section procedure
- Neglectful use of medical instruments, such as forceps and vacuum during delivery
- Failing to detect or treat infections in the mother during pregnancy
- Failing to monitor the fetus' heart rate before and during labor
- Adverse side effects from surgery or medications
- Mismanagement of the delivery procedure
- Not treating a newborn with severe jaundice
These can inhibit normal development, deprive the fetus of oxygen, or cause
physical injury, leaving a newborn at risk for developing cerebral palsy.
Responding quickly to fetal distress can prevent many birth injuries,
but they can still occur during a chaotic delivery.
Seeking Legal Compensation With A Cerebral Palsy Claim?
If your child has suffered a preventable birth injury that led to cerebral
palsy, you have the right to seek compensation. Cerebral palsy requires
a lifetime of treatment and care, and the costs of raising your child
can be enormous. A skilled birth injury attorney may be able to help you
prove that your child’s injury was preventable, and get you the
legal compensation you deserve. Get in touch with a birth injury lawyer
today to begin your case.
At Shrager, Spivey & Sachs, our experienced attorneys can help you
win the compensation you need to care for your child by filing a medical
malpractice claim against the responsible medical party. We will do everything
possible to help your child receive the monetary compensation needed for
continuous medical care and other necessary services after a
Why should you choose to hire our firm to handle your case? Consider the
- Our firm has more than 80 years of experience in handling medical malpractice cases.
- Our lawyers are AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®.
Our firm has been recognized by
Best Lawyers in America®.
Contact Shrager, Spivey & Sachs And Get Started Today!
We realize that taking legal action as a parent on behalf of your child
can lead to many questions and concerns. To set your mind at ease, we
can review the details of your case during a
free evaluation to determine if medical malpractice played a role in causing cerebral
palsy in your child. Our goal is to make the claims-filing process as
easy as possible.