Students deserve to have the chance to pursue higher education. At Shrager & Sachs, a personal injury law firm in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, we believe in helping students achieve this goal. This is why we’re offering a once-yearly $1,000 scholarship to students who are planning to attend or are in their first year of undergraduate or graduate school.
We understand that for many students, finances are a major struggle when trying to take their next educational step. In 2019, we started this scholarship to help remove that barrier and aid students in their pursuit of higher learning.
We have announced the winner for the Fall 2021 semester!
To be eligible for the scholarship, you will need to write a unique 500+ word essay on the following topic and email it to us as per the directions below:
Your essay will be looked at for the following criteria: Clarity, creativity, uniqueness, and it should be well-thought out and written. Make sure to proofread!
Are You Eligible for the Scholarship?
Check the following guidelines to see if you’re eligible for the Fall 2021 Scholarship:
- The applicant must currently be in their first year or plan on attending undergraduate or graduate school for their first year.
- The school must be in the United States, but can be within any state.
- You must be living in the U.S. by the scholarship due date and have a United States mailing address.
- You must prove your first-year status. Attach a digital copy (PDF, JPG/PNG screenshot, or photo) of your acceptance letter verifying your first-year status. The letter should have the college letterhead or logo on it. If you do not have your letter, we also accept other forms of proof, including an email from the college stating you’ve been accepted for your first year, digital transcripts, or a screencap of your first course load.
- Transfer students are eligible if they are new to the school.
- The application due date is –.
How Do You Apply?
Your essay should be about 500+ words and written in MLA format, including a Works Cited page should you need one. You need to attach this essay as a .DOCX or .PDF. Any essays that do not follow the formatting rules will be dismissed without review.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
Your application should include: An attached acceptance letter that shows the college letterhead or other acceptable proof (see above), your attached essay, and a short bio about yourself (this can be in the body of the email). You have the option to add a photo to go with your bio. In the body of the email, you must additionally provide the following info: Name, address, phone number, and and where you plan to go to school.
The email subject line should read your name and follow with: “Fall 2021 Scholarship”. Example: “Jane Austen Fall 2021 Scholarship”.
Please take note that when you submit your essay to us, we may publish the winning essay on our blog.
- Please attach all of your documentation to a single email containing everything you need to enter. Check that all information is correct before sending.
- Please write about our chosen topic. We will ignore essays that don’t have anything to do with the topic.
- We will NOT be replying to most emails we receive. We simply get far too many. Please don’t send follow-up emails asking if we’ve received yours.
- Please read this page carefully and follow all the steps. We will not have time to answer most questions that get sent to us.
- Proofread everything before sending!
- Failing to follow the above instructions may disqualify your application.
Note: Applications MUST be emailed. Please do NOT send any applications to us via our website contact form. These will be immediately disqualified.
List of Past Winners
Fall 2021: Justine Avila of NM – Read Justine’s essay.
Fall 2020: Adriana Lopez of TX – Read Adriana’s essay.
Fall 2019: Regan J. Licciardello of TX – Read Regan’s essay.